- Do you want to add a music track to one of your videos on YouTube?
- Do you you want to change the original audio with an audio track
from YouTube’s audio library?
Now you can add music to your video from the library of approved tracks on YouTube. The audio from an added track will replace or overlap your clips’ original audio by default.
Here are the steps to add a music track to your
video using the YouTube Video Editor:
to subscribe to my YouTube Channel and get more Video Tutorials
- Google “YouTube Video Editor” or go tor
- You’ll see all the video uploads that are on your channel
- So I’m going to select a video and drag it down here to “drag videos here”
- Now I want to change the audio so I have music in the background
- I want to replace the current musical background with some different music
- I click “drag audio here”
- So if I want to replace the current music track with a different audio track I click “search audio tracks”
- I click on “Genre” to select from the list
- I’m going to choose “Acoustic”
- Let’s select the music…”What’s It To Ya”
- Drag the music track down to the timeline
- Notice the video clip is 12 seconds long
- I’m going to move the handle to 12 seconds then play the music
- If it’s a little loud reduce the volume
- Ok let’s create the video so click “create video”
- It says “sit tight your video edits are about 10% done. Come back to this page in a little while”
- So come back to that page later
- Notice that you’ll have a new video created called “my edited video” and you can edit that video while it’s being processed.
- To edit the video simply click on the pencil icon
- Add a new title, new description then put in your tags
- change the privacy settings from unlisted to private while you are optimizing your video
- Click “save changes”
- Once you’ve got your video fully optimized change it from private to public then click “publish”
- Click “save changes”
- Play the video
- The original music track has now been replaced by the new music track
- That’s it!
Now you know how to add or change the music on your YouTube videos with the YouTube video editor. Keep in mind that you’ll be creating a new video.
Get 21 more advanced strategies for generating traffic
and leads to YouTube videos by subscribing to my free e-course
“21 Ways To Get YouTube Traffic”
Click the link below to get your first lesson NOW!